Date of last revision: February 17, 2016
- Information We Collect About You
Information you choose to provide. When you register with Avec, you will be asked to provide us with information about yourself (such as your name, your gender, ethnicity, email address, location, photos and biographical information). Any image or information you provide may be publicly displayed.
Information we collect automatically. We use various technologies to collect information from your device and about your activities on Avec. This information includes:
- Your mobile device’s unique ID number or Advertising IDs (for iOS 6 and later).
- Your mobile device’s geographic location.
- Other technical information about your computer or mobile device (such as type of device, web browser or operating system).
- Your preferences and settings (time zone, language, privacy preferences, etc.).
- The buttons, controls and ads you clicked on (if any),
- How long you used Avec and which services and features you used.
- The online or offline status of Avec.
- The in-app messages (which may include photos or location) you send to other users of Avec, as required for the operation of the service.
Mobile Device IDs. We use your mobile device IDs or Advertising IDs to store your preferences and track your use of our app. Unlike cookies, device IDs cannot be deleted, but Advertising IDs can be reset in “Settings” on your iPhone.
- How We Use Your Information
We use the information we collect from and about you and your use of Avec to:
- Deliver and improve Avec, including facilitating the connections made with other users, researching and understanding how people use Avec, customizing services and functionality for you, and diagnosing and fixing problems.
- Contact you about Avec and related items, which you agree we can do when you provide us with your contact information.
- Perform functions or services as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
Use of Your Geo-location Information: While the Avec application is in use, we collect your device’s geographic location so that we can connect you to other Avec users based on your particular geographic location.
- Who We Share Your Information With
Information Shared with Other Users. When you register as a user of Avec, your Avec profile will be viewable by other Avec users. If another user accepts your date or you otherwise send a message to another user, they will of course see the contents of that message.
- Service providers: Third parties may perform certain services on our behalf. These services may include providing customer service and marketing assistance, performing business and sales analysis, supporting Avec functionality, and other features we offer. These service providers may have access to personal information needed to perform their functions but are not permitted to share or use such information for any other purposes.
- Legal Demand: In response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, or a request for cooperation from a law enforcement or other government agency; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases, we may raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
- Business Transfers: In connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of our business, a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
We do not share your personal information with third parties for direct marketing purposes unless you have consented to the sharing.
Aggregated and/or non-personal information. We may use and share non-personal information we collect under any of the above circumstances. We also may share aggregated, non-personal information, or personal information with third parties, including:
- Analytics Companies: We allow analytics companies to use tracking technologies to collect information about our users’ mobile devices and online activities. These companies analyze this information to help us understand how our sites and apps are being used. Analytics companies may use mobile device IDs, which cannot be deleted.
- Advisors and Investors: We may share aggregated information about Avec users for the purpose of conducting general business analysis or other business purposes.
- Your Choices
Your choices about collection and use of your information:
- You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but that may result in you being unable to use certain features of Avec because such information may be required in order for you to register as user or take advantage of certain features.
- Avec may also deliver notifications to your phone or mobile device. You can disable these notifications by going into “App Settings” on the app or by changing the settings on your mobile device.
We take measures to help safeguard your personal information from unauthorized access and disclosure. However, no system can be completely secure. Therefore, although we take steps to secure your information, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information, chats, or other communications will always remain secure.
- Children’s Privacy
We do not allow anyone under age 18 to register for Avec, and we do not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from persons under the age of 18.
- Do Not Track
Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that users can set in their web browsers. We do not recognize or respond to any DNT signals, as the Internet industry is still working toward defining exactly what DNT means, what it means to comply with DNT, and a common approach to responding to DNT.
- Information from users outside the United States
- How to contact us