The Internet has taken the world by storm and with its increasing popularity, more and more people are using the Internet to find their significant other. If you’re one of those people, you probably know a little bit about how dating apps work. But, how much do you actually know about online dating? If the answer is not that much, then check out these facts about online dating.
- 52% of online daters are straight men. This is definitely good news for all you straight, single women out there. If you didn’t click with the guy you just went on a date with, there’s no need to worry. There’s plenty of fish in the online dating sea. Just log on to Avec and keep searching!
- There are 54 million single people in the U.S. Tired of being single? Well, you’re definitely not alone. Currently, there are over 50 million women and men who are single in the United States! With so many people out there just like you, you’re bound to find your special someone. Stop sighing and waiting for love to find you, get out there and find your perfect match!
- A third of online daters have found their lifelong partner online. Whether you start dating online or offline, the goal for both is the same. While many resort to online dating and begin by dating casually, what many people may not know is that a lot of these casual flings often end up in long-term committed relationships… and even marriage! In the last decade a third of couples who found themselves tying the knot actually met online!
- On average, online daters will kiss on the second date. A strong believer of not kissing on the first date? Well, many people are in the same boat as you. Don’t be disheartened if your date didn’t kiss you goodbye. In fact, many people tend to skip a goodnight kiss on the first date because they want a second opportunity to get to know the person before they make the first move. So if your date doesn’t kiss you on the first date, don’t fret. It doesn’t mean that they aren’t into you, they’re probably just waiting for the right moment!
- Couples who meet online tend to get married quicker than couples who meet offline. Looking to settle down soon? Then online dating is the place to start looking for your partner. Many online daters get married within 18 months of meeting, whereas couples who met offline take approximately 42 months on average to get married. Crazy! Talk about a race to the aisle!
- Online matches tend to last longer than matches found offline. With the rising rate of divorces taking place, you’re probably wondering what your chances are of staying together with your partner after meeting them online. Stop being a skeptic! Research shows that only 6% of people who met online break up as opposed to the 7.6% of people who have split after finding their spouse offline! If you’re suffering from wedding fever, think about finding your match online today!
Surprised by these facts about online dating? See if they’re true for yourself! Download Avec today.